giacomog

Giacomo's blog

Contrary to the characters in my books, I don’t really kill people, or catch those who do, so the blog posts might be about reading, or writing, or animals. These are the things I have great passion for.

The Inferno of Dante: A New Verse Translation, Bilingual Edition

The Inferno of Dante: A New Verse Translation, Bilingual Edition - Dante Alighieri My love/hate affair with the Divine Comedy began many years ago. A literature teacher got me interested in it, but at that age I couldn't grasp it for what it was. I read the words but didn't feel them. I tried again several more times, with various versions, sometimes the entire Divine Comedy, at other times, only the Inferno.

I found several versions I liked, but then a few years ago I picked up this edition and loved it! To me, Pinsky's translation makes this masterpiece far more accessible than any of the others. It is the one they should use in schools. From time to time I go back to it and read through and it never loses its luster.

I highly recommend this for anyone interested in delving into one of the greatest works of literature of all time.