giacomog

Giacomo's blog

Contrary to the characters in my books, I don’t really kill people, or catch those who do, so the blog posts might be about reading, or writing, or animals. These are the things I have great passion for.

The Prisoner

The Prisoner - Carlos J. Cortes Carlos Cortes has done it again. The Prisoner grabs you from the first page and starts you down a path of questioning all that we do in society--now, and what might lie ahead. The characters are deep, the plot compelling, and the suspense doesn't stop. As he did in Perfect Circle, Mr. Cortes manages to simplify the most complex technology and explain it to the reader without boring. It is an education as well as a thrill to read his books. I learned about hibernation, the economics of prisons, and lets not forget--sewers. Where would any of us be without sewers? I thoroughly enjoyed the read and was thrilled with the ending. He wrapped everything up tightly at the end, answering all the questions I had.

All of his characters were engaging, but Nikola Masek deserves his own book. What a great character! We need more novels like this. Thanks, Carlos, for the great read.

jimg